It’s only few hours before the traditional gift opening, it’s usually done after the noche buena, and if you’re a parent it would be best not to deprive you kids of Santa’s whim because it’s a tradition that would soon be gone, the remaining for the few hours I decided to make up my 5 outrageous Christmas wish list.
- Digital SLR with Lenses + Quad Core Notebook + 500GB External HDD – it’s my attraction with beauty and pomp, a must have if you can afford.
- Kymco UXV 500 – if the Suzuki Swift is insanely intense in the pocket, perhaps a 4×4 utility vehicle would be the best substitute
- Sony Bravia 52” LCD TV + Home Theatre + PS2 – my ultimate home entertainment package
- iPhone 3G – the best among the best, Apple designers really knows how to tease your mobile thirst.
- Lotto Jackpot – damn, I fancy those 10 winners of recent PCSO’s 160-Million jackpot, it would have solved my ridiculous 1 to 4 Christmas wish list.
One of my pleasurable slothful activity besides surfing the net is watching movies, nor am I a film buff but I get much pleasure from it than reading, 2008 may have been the year of sequel from the much-hyped Indiana Jones to the expectant box-office bomb of Scully and Mulder but most interesting films this year was the 4 animated family movie I was able to watch with gusto:
- Kung Fu Panda – best 3D animation
- Wall-E – best love story
- Iron Man – best superhero
- Mamma Mia! – best musical
- Quantum of Solace – best action
- Rambo – most violent Rambo series
- The Incredible Hulk – much better than the 2003 Ang Lee’s helmed version
- Dark Knight – darkiest Batman film yet, if not for Heath Ledger untimely death it would not have been this big
- Appleseed Ex-Machina – best 2D/cell animation
- Slumdog Millionaire – best drama
- Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa – the return of Alex and the gang
The two local box-office hit I was able to watched this year was the Sharon Cuneta starrer Caregiver and Cathy Garcia Molina’s A Very Special Love. Both were good and expected.